I just purchased a Sansa e260 today, and went through the following steps:
1. Switched the device to MSC mode.
2. Downloaded the daily build (which I only did because build.rockbox.org was down at the time) and extracted the archive to the root of the drive.
3. Ran the sansapatcher.exe tool. The program said it was installed correctly, but the device continued to display "Writing", I wasn't sure if this was normal or not, so I waited a minute or so then just disconnected it.
4. Booted into RockBox. Everything seemed to be working fine.
5. Tried to boot into the original firmware by holding the <- (rewind) key. Some text was displayed (the topline being "Rockbox Boot Loader"), and the device froze and the screen proceeded to change colors (from white, to red, to black). Did this several times, receiving the same result each time.
6. Restored the firmware using the instructions in the Wiki.
7. Repeated steps 1-4 exactly the same (except this time I was using the Current Build since the site was back up, don't think this would affect my issue).
8. Now instead of the screen freezing and changing colors when I try to boot the original firmware, it just reboots.
Any help would be appreciative. here's a video of the first color changing issue (790kb, 40 seconds):http://www.sendspace.com/file/hrrcho
I would also like to clarify that I do not have a Rhapsody model, this is just the e260.