I think, the first version should have key emulation only. There is still other stuff to be done.
But on the other hand... Â
- The touchscreen support may not affect other non touchscreen targets, so we can only expand existing features.
- In settings there should be an option to switch between virtual keys and direct touchscreen support
- There should be a touchscreen (or mouse?) press/release event with x and y position
- The WPS have to be extended to have interactive tags reacting to events with (x, y) positions with corresponding actions, like stop, start and my favourite
: choosing the position within the track. Then a backdrop with drawn buttons at right places - and we have a nice touchscreen support.
- For menu we need the position of the first visible item and the hight of one item.
The navigating in the menu is somewhat tricky. The items should be big enough to be used with fingers - a right theme will do.
Then the menu must be scrolled, for example with +/- buttons, select/open with M and back with power.
Tipp on the menu item would select it.
The simple gesture support would be very nice: moving finger down scrolls the menu down, the same for up direction: so the volume buttons are left for volume.
Moving finger to the right opens/selects the item, the left move is the back action.
Some plugin can have virtual keyboard...
Yeahh... that what I'm thinking/dreaming about at the moment