Rockbox Development > New Ports

Samsung YH-820

(1/3) > >>

dan_a:
Does anyone fancy helping with a port to this?

I've started an audio driver based on the datasheet, at least some of the buttons are attached to GPIOA, and a lot of work has been done already for the iPod, iriver H10 and Sansa ports.

The big problem at the moment is the LCD, which will need reverse engineering.

We also need all the things mentioned in the NewPorts page on the Wiki

wolly-p:
@dan_a,

I'm interested, although I'm new to this and have only little experience. However, I have started by updating the wiki for YH-920. Didn't you say you own a YH-920 as well? Might be easier to start with that, since the display is closer to the Ipod one.

From my internet search, it seems that most of the hardware for YH-820, 920, and 925 is the same, except hard disk size and display. Can you confirm this, in particular for the audio chip?

@all,
please let us know if you are interested in a port as well; thanks.

dan_a:
I have a YH-920, but either it or the hard drive is dead.
The 820, 920 and 925 are all separate ports, so should have separate threads about them.

That's nice information you've got on the Wiki  :)

When you say that the display on the 920 is close to the iPod one, do you mean that it's a similar size (which won't make a huge amount of difference) or that it uses the same controller (which will make the 920 port a lot easier than the 820)?

I can confirm that both the YH-920 and the YH-820 use the AK4537 audio chip (I've taken them both apart to have a look!)  The 820 also uses the same RTC as the iriver H10, which will make that bit of the task a little easier.

wolly-p:

--- Quote from: dan_a on January 11, 2007, 07:25:51 PM ---When you say that the display on the 920 is close to the iPod one, do you mean that it's a similar size (which won't make a huge amount of difference) or that it uses the same controller (which will make the 920 port a lot easier than the 820)?

--- End quote ---

Oops, I'm afraid I was way too naive here  :-[ ... I meant similar size, so I have yet to find out what controller is being used.

Ced_P:
I have a YH-920

On the plastic strip of the LCD module there is this two marks :  S4E1  and  5002 .

The LCD module on the iRiver H1xx seems to have the same marks
see : http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IriverHardwareComponents#The_LCD_module

I have some pictures of the PCB Rev 2.1

Sorry for my english

[attachment deleted by admin, too old]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version