Support and General Use > Hardware

AGPTEK Rocker

(1/9) > >>

shabu:
Where to find an up-to-date rockbox manual install instruction for the rocker?

what steps are necessary?

coacharnold:
I just ordered one.   the steps seem pretty easy ... I've pieced together that its juts a matter of putting the .rockbox folder in the root of the sd card.    As long as your running version two of the rocker firmware.  If not, it seems there's a firmware patch that we need too.   mine should arrive tomorrow,   i'll post my experience.

coacharnold:
please someone correct me if im wrong.     My understanding is that there is no bootloader,  that agptek did the kernel update itself and it only supports dual booting...  so you have to select rocker or rockbox when you start up, everytime.  ...  if you on an older version of the official firmware you need to update it to the current version (2?) 

this is how i've pieced this together from all the pages of forum posts

id be happy to help build this wiki ....  after i get my player and muss with it... wanna join me?  ... ill pass you my email

Milardo:

--- Quote from: shabu on July 06, 2019, 09:57:03 AM ---ok, thanks a lot.

one more quick question - where to find an up-to-date rockbox manual install instruction for the rocker?

what steps are necessary?

--- End quote ---

Hi,

Here are the steps for getting rockbox firmware onto the agptek rocker:

Latest precompiled bootloader by me: update_rb.upt:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wKUaxM4Zxs2850x5jeVBLI4DvbtbQTCJ/view

rockbox.zip:

You can get a newer rockbox.zip file from here:

https://build.rockbox.org/

And download the agptek rocker one of course.

Instructions for install:

Extract the folder out of rockbox.zip Take the folder out of that named ".rockbox" and put it directly into your sd card. Put update_rb.upt directly into sd card as well, and once in there, rename it too update.upt

Next turn on player go to the settings of the main operating system player you'll need to choose the update firmware option. It should upgrade and then you'll have a choice to choose rockbox, the original agptek rocker os and some tools. You might need to shut down player and restart to get the rockbox working though.

Milardo:

--- Quote from: coacharnold on July 06, 2019, 02:18:51 PM ---please someone correct me if im wrong.     My understanding is that there is no bootloader,  that agptek did the kernel update itself and it only supports dual booting...  so you have to select rocker or rockbox when you start up, everytime.  ...  if you on an older version of the official firmware you need to update it to the current version (2?) 

this is how i've pieced this together from all the pages of forum posts

id be happy to help build this wiki ....  after i get my player and muss with it... wanna join me?  ... ill pass you my email

--- End quote ---

Hi, i believe for the agptek rocker the oem firmware already installed: you can just install rockbox right away i think.

But you will need the bootloader file i posted in my last post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version