Rockbox General > Rockbox General Discussion

No partition found. Insert USB cable... (160GB 6th gen ipod classic)

(1/1)

ThomasHunter:
I have had Rockbox installed with an upgraded (iflash quad 4x 128gb) 6th gen classic for close to a month now without any issues until lately I have had some problems with it being recognized on my laptop.

A little bit of research led me to a zip file to download from a discussion on this forum http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=28562.0

So I downloaded it, dragged it to my ipod when it was connected and when I disconnected it I received the same message I get when I install a daily build. So I selected yes and now I simply get the No partition found message and cannot do anything else. I get the sound from my laptop that it recognized something when its connected, but nothing shows up.

When I plug it into the laptop or disconnect it the lcd activated like it normally should as well. Also when I hold the select + menu buttons for 6 - 8 seconds the ipod goes back to the Rockbox screen like its working normally and then just the black screen with the No partition found message.

I'm at a complete loss as to what I can do. Any insight/opinion is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

saratoga:
That's a thread from early in the iPod classic port, before there was even a bootloader. Probably the current bootloader won't work with such ancient binaries.

Reboot into the Apple disk mode and copy a modern build. You will probably want to use the disk mode as much as possible. Those iflash adapters haven't been reverse engineered, so writing to them in rockbox tends to result in file corruption.

ThomasHunter:
Thanks again, saratoga. You really have been great help.

With what has occurred I know it was a mistake on my part and nothing to do with any software/hardware issues. I will now look into what my process should be for importing/exporting music on a 6th gen 160gb Rockbox ipod classic.

ThomasHunter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version