Rockbox General > Rockbox General Discussion

Recommendations: What do you use on Android?

(1/2) > >>

AidanSonoda:
First, I beg the mods' forgiveness, as this is clearly not a technical question and does not seem to meet the elucidated requirements for any of the topics on this forum. That said, I'm very curious about the insights users of this forum might have.

Since Rockbox as an app will not run on a modern Android smartphone (barring what looks like extraordinary effort working with a chinese language build), what audio apps do people who are aware of/have experienced Rockbox's awesomeness choose to use as an alternative?

I'm not hardcore enough carry a standalone player around with me in addition to my phone. But I'd be interested to know if that's what folks are doing. I've taken Neutron, Rocket Player & foobar2000 for a spin and all are serviceable but not completely satisfying.

Any thoughts appreciated.

ZincAlloy:
GoneMAD Music Player is worth a try.

Pantheist:
Ah, I was hoping there were some decent instructions somewhere for getting Rockbox on Android. I tried following the AndroidPort 'Procedure for installation from source' and didn't get very far. Was searching for the forums to see if anyone else had grappled with this. What a shame! Is anyone working on a novice user install?

wodz:
Rockbox doesn't work on ART runtime and it is not easy to fix it.

nonob:
Hi,

I'm a rockbox fan (old since my sansa clip+ died :( ) and i always been a MediaMonkey fan on Windows and Android.

You can read more on this article featuring Android apps to listen to music and follow your favorite artists:

Les meilleures applications Android pour écouter de la musique et suivre vos artistes préférés

Enjoy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version