Third Party > Repairing and Upgrading Rockbox Capable Players

Buttons (of Clip Zip) to confirm time change broken. :( Customised build needed?

(1/1)

zima:
Tonight is time change from summer to winter time. I'd like to have accurate time on my Sansa Clip Zip, since I scrobble a lot listened tracks to Last.fm. Unfortunatelly, the SELECT button of my Sansa doesn't work anymore, and it's needed to confirm any time changes (actually, the BACK button also works for this, I discovered that during the last time change half a year ago, when SELECT button was already broken; but the BACK button is also broken now :( ...luckily, those two broken buttons aren't strictly needed for normal Rockbox operation)

What can be done to deal with this issue? ...I suspect the only way is to have a slightly customised build of Rockbox, using any of the working buttons (for example OFF, which is normally used to discard changes on the time change screen) to confirm time change. Unfortunatelly I can't code, but I think it would be a quite minor modification for the code wizards fluent in Rockbox internals. :) So could someone make a build for me, pretty please? :) Or perhaps there is another way? (why doesn't Rockbox automatically change time tonight, anyway? :P )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version