Rockbox General > Rockbox General Discussion

Looking for a Rockboxable, small, new, mp3 player with FM and voice recording

(1/1)

progmars:
I've been using Sansa Clip+ for like 5 years with Rockbox but it starts failing - it hangs more and more often with different messages, like panic and similar when booting, and I suspect that the player is close to its death.

So, I want to find a decent new replacement. But I really need FM radio and voice recorder features and small size and, ideally, with a clip or a loophole for attaching it to something.

I don't need expensive features like large screen, metal body, HiFi DACs etc.

Is there any decent player with all those features? I'm ready to fiddle with Rockbox installation - I'm a programmer (although not firmware programmer) so I could manage even compiling from source if only there are instructions provided.

One of the most awesome features of Rockbox is speech support - I very much enjoy controlling the player blindly without looking at the screen, especially because I have vision loss since birth. In theory, I could also pick a player without Rockbox support if only it had speech support, but I doubt that I could find a such device today.

It seems, one of current new options is Agptek Rocker, but unfortunately it doesn't have FM radio, it is noticeably larger than Sansa Clip+, does not have a clip and is expensive (because of some features unnecessary to me).

johnb:
Sony Players, e.g. NWZ-E474 and the like. They are larger than the clip+ though.

MiB:
Look at this post.
http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,52279.msg242032.html#msg242032
I donĀ“t know, if the player ist rockboxable, but it has got all your requestet features.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version