Support and General Use > Theming and Appearance Customization

possible theme problem

(1/1)

fredex:
Hi!

I'm transferring everything from my old (increasingly flaky) Sansa Clip Zip to a "new" one (I found out a couple months ago that you still could by them from Sandisk if you held your tongue just right, and bought a spare).

I note that when I look in "Theme Settings" at "Browse Theme Files", both have the same files (or at least same filenames) there, but they don't look the same on the screen: cabbiev2, rockbox_default_icons, and rockbox_failsave).

Does the cabbiev2 represent the currently-in-use theme?

If so, is it possible to copyit from one player to the other to see if it resolves my issue? (I don't think I've modified the theme on the "old" player, so doing that may be useless, but I figure it's worth a try.)

Also, the new one when cranked up to max brightness is still not as bright as the old one. Is this controllable by hacking the theme? Do players from different production runs tend to have displays that don't always look the same?

thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Fred

Bilgus:
fred whatever theme you select will be the currently in use one the brightness is a setting in the menus Settings>general settings>display>lcd settings>brightness

fredex:
thanks, Bilgus. I had already found that and cranked it all the way up (the old one is also at max) and it still didn't seem to be as bright. but just now comparing them they appear to be close, so maybe I was just whacky in the head, or something. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version