Installation / Removal > Rockbox Utility

Sansa fuze+ dead

(1/2) > >>

bozhan:
Hi,

i have a sansa fuze plus and tried to install rockbox. Unfortunately during the installation via rockbox utility I had a sd card in the PC cardreader and all files was written on that card not to the sansa player. Now the fuze plus is dead and I cannot even put it in recovery mode using: * Push the volume up button * While holding the volume up button down, plug in the USB cable *

I connect it to Windows and Linux PC without success. Hard reset doesn't help. No matter what I do nothing happend.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thank you

Bilgus:
I'm really not sure how writing to the sd card instead of the device could have bricked it could you give me some more info?

Bilgus:
I'll go ahead and put a few steps here:

1st did the device ever say "Upgrading Firmware"?
    if so did you turn off the device or did it shut down on its own?

Try holding down the power button for 10-60 seconds to force a hard reset

The fuze+ enters OF (original firmware) by holding volume down and pressing power button

If the bootloader did install properly then on boot with no buttons pressed you should get a plug usb message
    you can then transfer the whole .rockbox folder to the root of the device
    http://download.rockbox.org/release/3.14/rockbox-sansafuzeplus-3.14.zip

If the device was left on plugged in to the computer till it died you may need to charge it.
If the device was low on battery when you started the upgrade process you could have bricked it but pretty unlikely

bozhan:
Hi,

I bouth the fuze a few days ago and actualy I never used it. After I turn it on it stucked. Windows explorer shows there was an update.

During the upgrade the device never says "Upgrading Firmware". The rockbox utility pops up with message to disconnect the device and after that I couldnt turn it on. The device shuts down on its own but I think this happened before too.

Holding down the power button for 10-60 seconds nothing happened . I can hear Windows plug usb sound but its not recognizable.

Holding volume down and pressing power button - nothing happened.

The battery was around 60% when I started the upgrade.

Maybe this sansa was faulty at the beginning but at least started and was reachable from a PC.

Thanks in advance :)

saratoga:
If you hold power for 30 seconds does the player reboot?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version