Installation / Removal > Rockbox Utility

Problems installing Rockbox

(1/3) > >>

gringogreaves:
Hello everybody,

I decided to sign up and post on this forum because I have been having a lot of trouble attempting to install Rockbox on my Ipod, and don't know what else I can do.
Although I am using a Mac Mini (running Os X Sierra 10.12.5), I did manage to format my Ipod on Windows PC beforehand in FAT32.

My Ipod is a modified SSD 256GB Classic (7th Generation).

I downloaded and ran the latest version of Rockbox Utility and opened that up for an automatic install, clicking the "show disabled targets" box and selecting "Ipod Classic (6th Gen) (Unknown).

All the boxes on the main window are checked, except for "Bootloader" which is greyed out and says "The selected player doesn't need a bootloader"

The installation process runs appears to run through OK with all the files being downloaded and installed within the summary window, and eventually says that the process is 100% complete.
My Ipod does not appear any different at any stage throughout this process and, once complete, I restart the device (holding menu and centre button for 12 seconds) but the original Ipod software loads up as normal.

I'm sure I am missing something and would really, really appreciate any help.

Please bear in mind that I am not  especially technically minded (although learning all the time!), so go easy on me  :) ;D

Thanks for reading

saratoga:

--- Quote from: gringogreaves on July 25, 2017, 09:22:52 PM ---My Ipod is a modified SSD 256GB Classic (7th Generation).

I downloaded and ran the latest version of Rockbox Utility

--- End quote ---

That isn't going to work.  See the install directions linked from the wiki:  https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/IpodClassicPort

gringogreaves:
Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for pointing me in the right direction. I appreciate it very much.
I'll try it out and let you know how I get on, in the hope that this thread can be of use to anyone else who has had similar problems in the future.

All the best

gringogreaves:
So, I'm following the instructions via the link supplied and have come across the first major stumbling block;
Cannot seem to find a download link for the m k s 5 l b o o t software, it appears to have been completely removed and every page
pointing to it is no longer active.

I guess I will try and get access to a Windows machine and go down the Em C o re route but, in the meantime, if anybody has a link for me
that would be much, much better for me so I can run it from my mac at home

saratoga:
Assuming you mean the Mac version (you don't need it on Windows), there is a download link included with the instructions. It is working for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version