thanks for the fast reply! It is strange that I did not find these two over Amazon. They never came up while I was browsing all the other players that were recommended. I would have checked them since they are AGPTek. Below are my thoughts.
- It is just 8GB
. My collection is 90GB. I would have to sort out a lot, which is a lot of work. I could imagine having a shuffle with just electronica and one for, say, Rap. But even then I would have to leave out things. This is a no go. I want all my stuff on it and shuffle through it through the years.
- No data on battery time. People on Amazon say it's less than 2 hours
algorithm does not work properly, according to a lot of reviews. I can relate to that problem. Some devices just don't have a real shuffle algorithm, meaning tracks get repeated a lot, some tracks don't get played at all and the overall track order seems to be kind of "similar" every time, even if it is not actually the same. So I can imagine this is the case here, also. That's why I said the suffling must make sure to play each song once
and then start (in different order) from scratch.
- Looks like there are two buttons, but none of them for on/off. One review on Amazon says that the device switches on accidentally
in the pocket if not used. Since there is no physical button I can imagine this is the case.
- I don't like the blue colour.
- 20h battery time. This is better, but it could and should be way more.
- I did not find anything in the reviews on shuffle function.
- Even if there is a shuffle function it probably would not work as I would wish it to. Shuffle should be standard on power on and shuffle status should be saved on power off without having to press a certain menu option. It should work with one button.
As a summary, I would not buy the G02 because it has too many flaw
I also would not buy the R2, because it is not a dedicated shuffle player
. Even if it might have a shuffle function it brings no advantage over the A02 I already own, besides the clip.
The main advantage of a dedicated shuffle player over the G02 should be:
- Awesome battery life. Make it 30gramms, like the A01 but without display. Put as much akku in as possible. People will love it to not be forced to charge it. They just cannot imagine it beeing like this now that's why they don't articulate the need for it, I guess.
- Is the radio really necessary? You need an extra button for this - which would be better off as a on/off-button
- Working shuffle algorithm.
- I understand that the SD card slot makes a sports device vulnerable to liquids. Maybe there could be a 32GB internal storage, or even an 64GB version.
- Does Apple have a patent on the charging over 3,5 jack? Because that's an awesome thing - it reduces the size.
I would buy a high class shuffle player at a high price! People buy this 2GB Apple Shuffle for 60 Euros. I bet you could make a similar one, from aluminium, with 32GB memory, sell it for 50 bucks and make a profit.