Installation / Removal > Rockbox Utility

Rockbox has no Sony cagetory (NWZ-E436F), where is sony_e36x hiding?

(1/3) > >>

mdlueck:
Greetings,

I have a Sony Walkman NWZ-E436F. I was recommended to switch to Rockbox as the track order is not preserved when I transfer music from Xubuntu Linux with Rhythembox to the native Sony device software. I was told changing the device to Rockbox would clear up the track order issue.

I have successfully installed the Rockbox Utility software onto my workstation via the GetDeb repository.

Starting the Rockbox Utility shows no Sony category what so ever.

The Rockbox Utility appears to detect the mount point of the device correctly, as: /media/WALKMAN

This page did not indicate special steps required for Sony devices:
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNW#NWZ_45E_Series

It looks like my device would use the sony_e36x image.

Suggestions please.

I am thankful,
Michael

saratoga:
I haven't followed the Sony players closely, but there is no mention of your player on the list of active ports.  I'm guessing you can't find anything because no one has worked on that player.

mdlueck:
Greetings,

In the Rockbox Utility screen, I see no vendor listing for Sony at all.

So this "sony_e36x" image the matrix seemed to suggest is correct for my player... what exactly is that?

I am thankful,
Michael

saratoga:
I think you are misreading that table. 

mdlueck:
Greetings,

Please explain further. What was I not understanding? Are you noting that the image file is not populated for the exact model player I have? If so, I was thinking to try based on the general text which states there are slight variations within each model family - however that the image file should work in spite of the subtle differences. I certainly would have contributed my testing results.

Still, Sony is not even a vendor option in Rockbox Utility I downloaded / installed today. That does not make sense.

I am thankful,
Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version