Third Party > Repairing and Upgrading Rockbox Capable Players

is unbrick procedure also working for sansa clip zip?

(1/5) > >>

tent:
Hello,
 does anybody know or tried the recovery procedure described here http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMSUnbrick for a sansa clip zip?

Thanks in advance,
 tent:wq

PS: my zip freezes after showing two times the boot sansa animated logo, since it is not showing up as usb drive in any way, I think my last resort would opening up and try to write the recovery partition.. by the way, pressing power for 30 seconds just power it off but at power on same freeze happens...

tent:
anyone no idea? just to see if I should risk to open the device and try to find the spot where the two solder joints would let the internal drive appear.. hopefully writable...?? ;)

thanks,

Crafty:
Did you try to connect with in sansa OF.  Hold [<<] while pluging in the ubs.
 did you try.

I never had to try 4)
1.  hold power button for 30 sec
2.  connect in RB recopy RB
3.  connect sansa OF recopy RB
4.  connect sansa OF restall bootloader

tent:
Hello Crafty,
 sorry but I was not able to understand what you are suggesting.. I've tried to press power for 30 seconds of course shuting it down but still when powering it up it will not boot nor show in windows as drive.. I also have tried now to plug it in while pressing [<<] button, being it on or off, but still not able to see any drive appear in my pc.. :(
 You mean OF to be original firmware or just the writable flash partition with firmware? What I was trying to do, asl last resort, is to open the device up and try to let that drive show up if I bridge a couple of pins on it's board.. but not sure if anybody tried that before..

tent:
for instance I was thinking about this two pins in the red cirlce...:

any idea?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version